Thursday 28 July 2011

Arakawa Under the Bridge Live Action

I watched Arakawa Under the Bridge some time ago and I got impressions that this anime was very weird and funny. This anime has 2 seasons. The news about Arakawa Under the Bridge live action was already spread for some time. It's said that there will be a live action dorama and movie. The dorama will start airing in late July 2011 and has 10 episodes, while the movie will be released in spring 2012 with the same casts.

Riku and Nino
Synopsis:
Sister, Maria and P-Ko
Ichinomiya Kou is a heir of successful Ichinomiya Company. One day, he falls in to Arakawa river and then saved by a mysterious girl named Nino. After he realizes that he owes his life to Nino, he asks her to say what he must do as a pay back. Then Nino says that Kou must become her boyfriend. Since he doesn't want in debt, Riku accepts that and begin to live in under Arakawa bridge where Nino lives after he's named Riku by the village chief, Soncho. Not long after that, Riku finds out that all the villagers under the bridge are weird. Then the story revolves around Riku's daily life under the bridge together with Nino and all the villagers. 

Cast List:
Hayashi Kento as Riku
Kiritani Mirei as Nino
Oguri Shun as Soncho
Yamada Takayuki as Hoshi
Shirota Yuu as Sister
Katase Nana as Maria
Abe Natsumi as P-Ko
Tezuka Tooru as Shiro
Hiranuma Norihisa as Billy
Arisaka Kurume as Jacqueline
Tokunaga Eri as Stella
Suruga Taro as Last Samurai
Sueoka Takuto as Tetsuo of the Tetsujin Kyoudai
Billy, Jacqueline and Stella
Mashika Raito as Tetsuro of the Tetsujin Kyoudai

Commentary:
Shiro, Last Samurai and Tetsujin Kyoudai
Actually I am little bit disappointed because there're some things in the characters appearances which showed up in the anime but will not show up in the live action such as, Nino's blond hair, Maria's pink hair and Stella's blond hair. I think Hayashi Kento plays as Riku is a right choice. Kento is fit to the role. I recognize Kiritani Mirei who plays as Nino since she played in Hana Kimi, Otomen and Kimi Ni Todoke. I hope she will act well in both dorama and movie. In my opinion, a person who plays as masked character doesn't have to be someone famous. But, the contrary happens in this live action. As you can see in the cast list, Oguri Shun plays as Soncho. I hate "don't really like" Soncho character in the anime but in this live action, my number one favorite actor plays this role. Oooooh nooooo! I beg you to stop, Oguri Shun! Why it must be him!? For God's sake! I am in a dilemma. When I knew it for the first time, I was speechless and didn't know how to react. But I knew it's too late now to stop it, so I must accept it as it is T_T (terribly sorry for exaggerating this). And for the other casts, I hope that they will perform well.

Found the trailer on YouTube



No comments: